* Link to International Hero Page
Mantor the Magician made only one appearance, that being in Human Torch Comics # 2. In that adventure, Mantor saved an heiress, Joan Winters, from committing suicide. The castle she had inherited from her recently deceased father was haunted, although Mantor discovered the "ghosts" were really the castle servants, trying to obtain the hidden treasure. Mantor saved Joan from the "ghosts" and helped her discover a chest of gold hidden in the castle.
Mantor used magical gestures to work his magic. Some examples of how he used his powers are:
- Made objects appear from nowhere or disappear.
- Moved objects, similar to telekinesis.
- Manifested a copy of himself.
- Shot fire from his eyes and fingertips
- Changed objects from one thing to another, similar to transmutation.
The following is from Human Torch Comics # 2.